For us here in the UK, the school year is coming to a close and most of us are planning for six weeks of summer fun. Picnics outdoors, visits to the beach and possibly adventures abroad. And with that the possibility of bites, stings, jet lag, sunburn and upset tummies. Stay naturally healthy for your holiday with these tips.
Before the excitement of your holiday
Now is the time to start thinking about preparing yourself so that you are in the best possible health to make the most of your holiday.
- Take a daily probiotic to help boost your immune and digestive system.
- Prioritise your sleep – often with the stress of finishing off work, sorting the house and pets, packing and last-minute purchases, sleep becomes less of a priority. This will weaken your immune system and makes you less capable of dealing with any stressful situations that may arise.
- Skin brush and moisturise – this will help your lymphatic system with drainage of toxins and enhance overall wellness as well as remove dead skin cells giving you a lovely summer glow.
- Use organic, nano-free sun cream to protect your skin from sun damage without exposing yourself to harmful chemicals. My favourite is Tropic Skin Shade.
Hydrate, hydrate, hydrate – air travel is very dehydrating. The air inside planes at high altitude dries the skin, the nose, throat, ears as well as dehydrating us internally. Drink water before travelling as well as during the journey to avoid dehydration. And avoid alcohol during the flight as it only adds to dehydration problems.
Keep cool and calm with a facial mist. I love Neal’s Yard White Tea Mist which is full of antioxidants. It cools the skin and calms the mind.
Protect your lips – again dehydration will show up on the lips. Keep your lips lovely with a natural organic lip balm which will put moisture back into your lips whilst offering protection from the dry air.
Remedies to Roll – Neal’s Yard remedy to roll for travel helps with nerves, fatigue and sickness.
Homeopathic first aid
Have you considered having a first aid kit specific to your family’s needs? This is something I can do for you. My family’s travel kit covers:
- Nerves, stress, fear of flying
- Upset tummies
- Food poisoning
- Jet lag
- Travel sickness
- Nettle rash
- Insect bites and stings
- Over exertion
Homeopathy can help with all sorts of holiday ailments, so please do get in touch if this is something of interest to you.
Wishing you all a wonderful summer!